Thursday, November 17, 2011

Banana Cupcakes





Before baking these banana cupcakes, I actually encountered a few failure, either the top part was too hard or the centre part sunken in. Thanks to this month aspiring bakers theme: enjoy cupcakes! I give myself more reason to challenge cupcakes. And thanks to min(the host for this theme)and her encouragement, I give myself target to come out with at least 1 good entry to participate.

This time I adopted recipe from abbymonster and replicated from there:

Ingredients: (make 10 cupcakes)
100g top flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
60g caster sugar
1 banana (equivalent to 120-130g)
60g vegetable oil
30ml low fat milk
1/8 tsp salt
Chocolate chip for decoration

Method:
1. Use fork to mash banana.
2. Sift top flour and baking powder.
3. Beat egg and sugar till smooth and slightly pale.
4. Add mashed banana, milk and salt, mix well.
5. Add sifted flour and baking powder, mix well.
6. Add vegetable oil and stir well.
7. Fill each cup 3/4 full. Top with chocolate chips.
8. Put in preheated oven at 180 degree and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Cool on rack and ready to serve.

These cupcakes turned out well! soft texture and nice banana flavour! It gives me confidence to bake some more cupcakes! thanks to abbymonster's reliable recipe!

I have contributed this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment