Thursday, December 8, 2011

Teriyaki Sweet Corn


I remembered during a trip to Bali last year , we had seafood dinner by a beach(don't know what beach). Before dinner were served, we saw a guy selling BBQ corn near the shore and the smell was so good. We can't resist the smell, so each bought one corn. It was not the normal butter corn, taste more like marinated in teriyaki sauce. It was so good, I had 2 in a row before dinner were served. That experience was so unforgettable and I hope to bring back that sweet taste I had. So here is what I did:

Ingredients:
1 corn (cut to half)
Some Teriyaki sauce
Some olive oil and salt

Method:
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C. (better if you have grill pan)
1. Blanch corn in boiling water with a few drop of Olive oil and a pinch of salt. Blanch for 5 minutes. Set aside.
2. Brush corn evenly with teriyaki sauce and wrap in aluminum foil.
3. Bake/grill for 15 minutes.
4. Ready to serve.

As I baked the corn and not grilled, the corn lacked the burnt taste and smell as the one in Bali. Maybe next time I should marinate for 1 day before grill? Anyway, overall it was good, but can be better. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment