Friday, April 26, 2013

Earl Grey Tea Cookies


I love The smell of Earl Grey Tea. Not only I like to drink Earl Grey Tea but also like cakes and cookies with Earl Grey. Frankly speaking, I made these Earl Grey Cookies sometimes ago(guess during CNY) and didn't have the time and chance to put up. Since this cookies match this AB#30 theme, I decided to quickly post it.

P.S: closing date of AB #30, to be exact is 4 more days left. As I do not want to miss all your wonderful Tea related posts in the month of April, For bloggers who have not sent me your submission or those that have not sent me pictures, please do so ASAP. Thank you so much for your generous support and awaiting your email soon. :)

This is an easy to make and no fail recipe. The smell of the cookies was heavenly! The cookies look hard but actually not hard to bite, almost melt in my mouth. My nephews loved it. I got my recipe from The kitchn:

Ingredients:
(makes 2 dozen)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
Earl Grey tea dust from 1 tea bag
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon water
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
Orange zest from 1 orange

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Pulse together all the dry ingredients- flour, sugar, tea dust, salt in a food processor until well combined.

2. Add vanilla, water, orange zest and butter. Pulse together until a dough is formed.

3. Form the dough into a log onto a piece of wax or parchment paper. Wrap the paper around and roll the log smooth. Freeze or chill for at least 30 minutes.

4. When chilled, slice the log into 1/3 inch thick pieces. Place on baking sheets and bake until the edges are just brown, about 20 -25 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.


I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #30: It's Tea Time!(Apr 2013) hosted By Food playground.



No comments:

Post a Comment