Monday, April 1, 2013

Fried Bean Sprout with Egg


This is a dish my mom always cook and also one of my favourite home cooked food. I'm not sure whether this is my mom dialect - Hakka dish but I'm sure this is a dish I eat since young. It's so simple and delicious, I can eat everyday.

Ingredients:
1 pkt of bean sprout (wash and soak with a bit of salt)
2 eggs
1 tsp fish sauce/soy sauce
A pinch of pepper
Salt to taste
Sesame oil (optional)

Method:
1. Heat pan with oil. Fry slightly beaten egg till just cooked.
2. Add bean sprout and fry evenly.
3. Add fish sauce and some water. Continue to fry till bean sprout soften.
4. Sprinkle pepper and salt, and drizzle sesame oil before serve.

I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #29:Heirloom and Local Dialect Recipes 家传菜/ 籍贯菜 (March 2013 ) hosted by FHL of Faith Hope Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment