Thursday, April 25, 2013

Japanese Green Tea Cheesecake


I love all kinds of Cheesecake, be it NY cheesecake or Japanese cheesecake. Today I'm meeting a old friend that I know for 20 years! Time flies... To give her a surprise, I decided to make her Japanese Green Tea Cheesecake.

Still have One more week before the closing date of AB #30: it's Tea time! , means this is also an opportunity and push factor for me to think of what to bake with tea.

I used this recipe from Vivian pang kitchen and this technique from the little teochew as reference :

(A)
125g cream cheese (I left with 110g cream cheese)
90ml milk
15g butter

(B)
30g flour (I used top flour)
24g corn flour
1 tsp green tea powder
3 egg yolks

(C)
3 egg whites
1 tsp lime juice (I used cream of tartar)
75g Caster sugar (I cut down to 65g)

Method:
1. Place cream cheese, milk and butter in a bowl. Cook with double boiler method until thick and smooth. Set aside.

2. After the cheese mixture turned warm, mix in both flours and green tea powder mixture(sifted). Stir with a whisk until smooth.

3. Add egg yolks into the cheese mixture and stir until well combined.

4. In another clean bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy. Add in sugar gradually, beat until stiff peak.

5. Fold 1/4 of egg whites into cheese mixture, and then another 1/4 of egg whites. Lastly the rest of egg whites. Make sure all the egg whites is well combined with the cheese mixture.

6. fill each cup 3/4 full and Steam bake at 150°C for 50 mins or until skewer comes out completely dry.

7. I leave the cake in the oven for 30 min with oven door slightly open. So that the cakes will not collapse too quickly due to the sudden change of temperature.

8. allow it to cool completely before you eat.

I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #30: It's Tea Time!(Apr 2013) hosted By Food playground.


No comments:

Post a Comment